Abstract of Treasurers Statement as examined and passed at a meeting of the trustees and managers held 21st September 1882
|Building Thomas King||447||-||-|
|Building other a/cs||239||17||3|
|Plumbers and Gas fittings a/c||99||19||5|
|Bell and fitting up||53||2||11|
|Vestry furnishings etc||33||9||3|
|Gate and Railings||20||9||8|
The Clock & Organ
The church organ was inaugurated on Wednesday evening 11th December 1901 and cost £480. The money came mainly from a legacy of £500 left by Mr Allan Pollock Morris of Craig for the purchase of the organ and a clock for the tower. The clock had been completed in September 1901. Money was required to complete the work and Mr Carnegie later donated £100 and subscriptions were collected throughout the parish to cover the costs outstanding.
It was recorded that several boys applied to be organ blower operator. A youth from Gatehead, Hugh Brown, was recommended and employed. He was paid £3 per year.
The beadle was instructed to purchase three mouse traps to reduce the risk of damage by mice and this was duly carried out.
The War Memorial
At a public meeting on 29th April 1920 it was unanimously agreed, after discussion, to request permission from the trustees of the church to erect a Celtic cross in the church grounds. Permission was granted. A handsome War Memorial was solemnly dedicated on Sunday 2nd October 1921. A replica of the St Matins Cross, Iona, the Memorial is of Peterhead granite, about fifteen feet high and occupies a fine site on the terrace at the front of the church.
The Inscription reads:
"To the glory of God and in affectionate remembrance of the men of Crosshouse Parish who gave their lives in the Great War 1914-1919"
Round the base are engraved the names of fifty-two men and underneath is the sentence:
"They loved not their life even unto death"
Additional names were added at a later date to commemorate those who fell in the second world war between 1939 and 1945.
|Rev James Wyse||1882-1894|
|Rev William White||1895-1941|
|Rev Gordon C Morris||1941-1948|
|Rev R C H Kinloch||1949-1960|
|Rev W B Miller||1960-1973|
|Rev R M Kent||1973-1981|
|Rev I G Grant||1981-1990|
|Rev Rona Young||1991-2001|
|Rev Ian Dennis||2003-2006|
|Rev T Edward Marshall||2007-|